Thursday, November 13, 2014

Valentino's Butterflies

One of my favorite new pieces at RARE vintage is this beautiful Valentino haute couture dress from the 1970s with butterflies.

1970s Valentino Haute Couture Butterfly dress available for purchase here.

I have not yet bought Valentino's new book, Valentino: At The Emperor's Table, but I am looking forward to seeing the world of Valentino.  He has been a long time collector of china and objets and those pieces in his home have influenced his fashion designs as well.

"My tables today, they are almost like one of my dresses, I try to put in detail.  Because I love objects, I love to put flowers, I love to put mint, chocolate, everything on them.  I love color.  And this comes from my fashion design career.  I love colored tablecloths, because china is very beautiful on top of pale yellow, dusty pink, pale and jade green color."
Valentino

Valentino's butterflies in Gstaad on china:


and butterfly detail on Valentino's silk couture dress:


So do you think Valentino would have thought of the color of this dress as mint or a pale jade green?  Either way it is a very beautiful dress, beautifully made, rare and sets just the right tone of lady like chic with its scarf tie front and the bit of the bohemian with the fluttering butterflies.  Perfect for lunch at the Emperor's table don't you think?!

xo, Juliana




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails