Monday, September 22, 2014

Chanel Gold Chain Gloves

My grandmother had a little drawer in her dressing table neatly filled with gloves.  She actually had drawers filled with gloves, some drawers were filled with all white, some with pastel colors, spring gloves, fall gloves, lace, silk, satin, evening ... and one of my favorite things to do when I was little to get my hands inside those glove drawers, make a big mess and try everything on.  

My daughter also loves gloves and while I do not have a glove drawer but a box filled with gloves, she loves to go in the glove box with her friends, make a big mess and try everything on : )

I buy lots of gloves and the winter coats with the shortened sleeves have been a great opportunity to wear long gloves.  I love to buy gloves for RARE vintage too and sometimes gloves for RARE somehow end up making their way into my closet.  I don't know how it happens : )  Like these grommet gauntlet gloves in a maraschino cherry red by Alaia.  Alas, I was powerless against their amazingness and had to keep them...


I am trying to resist these 1990s Chanel black leather gloves with a gilt chain which are sooo fabulous!  They are one of my favorite style of gloves: fitted to the hand, to the wrist - very sexy - tough and glamorous all at the same time.  They have a tiny, subtle CC stitched on the inside of the palm.  Pretty perfect and hard to resist...  

Purchase the 1990 Chanel gloves with gilt chain from RARE vintage here.

xo, Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails