Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Michelle Trachtenberg Blogs about The Costume Institute Gala in Cosmopolitan


Celeb Blog: Michelle Trachtenberg... Fantasy World
Gossip Girl star Michelle Trachtenberg dishes about her first time at the Met Costume Institute Gala

Buzz up!

I cannot even begin to describe the experience of attending the Met's Costume Institute Gala. With a guest list overseen by Anna Wintour herself, which includes the night's honoree, Giorgio Armani, as well as Valentino, Dolce & Gabanna, Tom & Katie, Posh & Becks, Jennifer Lopez, and the one and only Chris Noth (Sex and the City's Mr. Big), just to name a few!

I was lucky enough to wear a gorgeous outfit put together by Juliana Cairone, the owner of RARE Vintage and my date for the evening. I wore a stunning skirt and top ensemble by Yves Saint Laurent from the 1970s and I couldn't help but think about how many visits to Studio 54 that gold lamé skirt had made back in its glory days! The ball had a theme, Superheroes! Some of the most amazing and most famous legends of crime fighting had their fancy "battling evil" costumes on display. Every reincarnation of Wonder Woman, Batman, Cat Woman, and Iron Man was behind the Plexiglas. It was kind of like a big kid's fantasy world!

A lot of my fellow Gossip Girl cast members were out in force: Blake Lively, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford, and Ed Westwick. It still makes me giggle whenever I hear Ed's British accent because he is soooo good at playing the devilish American boy we all love to hate, Chuck Bass. The ball was exquisite, and gave me the chance to catch up with old friends. My former "big sis," Sarah Michelle Gellar, was all glammed up and looking beautiful. Sarah and I have remained superclose all of these years post-Buffy, and it was so nice to have her be a part of such a magical evening for me. A special shout-out goes to my girl Fergie. Not only did she look amazing, but I was surprised to find out that this Met Ball was actually her first as well. Believe me, we were both living it up!!

The night was definitely one for the record books. And really, aren't we all superheroes deep down inside!?! Too bad I can't turn invisible and sneak into Chanel...oh well, a girl can dream!

xoxoxo,
Michelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails