Saturday, July 24, 2010

Martha Stewart Tie-Dyes with the Proenza Schouler Boys! Meanwhile RARE vintage Tie Dyes with Christian Dior...

Martha Stewart is a woman who gets a lot done in a day.  She runs a magazine, has a daily television show, owns a compound in Bedford, a house in East Hampton, a cottage in Maine, apartments in the city, has a line of stuff for Walmart, can make a mean chicken with time left over to tie dye a shirt with the designers of Proenza Schouler.

This was a great shirt from Proenza Schouler this summer.  It was a big hit.  Comfy, classic and a good price.  No wonder it sold out so quickly.


I confess to not being crafty enough to tie dye my own shirt.  I would rather just go out and buy the one from Proenza Schouler.  So when having had a momentary delusion of DIY, I thankfully bought this Christian Dior floaty frock and thought, see I don't have to do a thing!  Leave the tie dying to my children (here I have a complete horror of the tie dye shirts they do in camp and bring home.  All of that color which looks like it is about to run onto everything!)  Much better to leave the tie dying to the petits mains of Christian Dior.  (Why do my children look at me blankly when I say this?!)

Isn't it beautiful, glorious and glamorous?!  Perfect with a pair of strappy heels or a jeweled flat.  Very boho and quite sexy with the deeply cut back.  


 Perfectly dreamy!
1970s Christian Dior tie dye dress. Size 6. $1600


PURCHASE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails