Thursday, October 28, 2010

Chanel: The Great Escape

Resort is all about escape: a lush lipped, gap toothed girl with long flowy hair wearing a silk lurex blouse from Chanel with a tweed vest and high gold gladiator sandals is my idea of  the perfect escape.  Inspiration is an important element of fashion and even if you are not the gap toothed, lush blonde progeny of Mick Jagger - you can still have Georgia May Jagger on the mind for inspiration.

In the new ad campaign for Chanel resort, Karl is clearly referencing the original Saint-Tropez blonde, Brigitte Bardot.   The show was even in Bardot's barefoot stomping grounds, Saint-Tropez.

So what comes around, goes around and as I think about how much I love the Chanel resort collection, and count the days until it is the 57th Street store, I already know I have one part of my outfit chosen: a Chanel haute couture necklace.  It is similar though truthfully I think ours is much nicer then the one used in the ad campaign.

We had three of these- one has sold, one I have kept and one is still for sale.  I love to mix vintage and modern - I would never wear all vintage or all modern.  So even though Karl referenced his own 1996 couture necklace for resort, I will be wearing the vintage one - hopefully, with that tweed vest!

These necklaces are extraordinary.  The links are actually soft and have been embroidered with tiny pearls, gold thread and tiny rhinestones.  


1996 Chanel haute couture micro pearl necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails