Thursday, October 21, 2010

Heart and Soul: Tina Chow

People who pour everything into what they do are, a tad, well, let's just say that we, oops!  I mean they are perfectionists.  Okay, I am the same.  I am a perfectionist too.  I would rather have nothing then settle for something not quite right.  So I am not about filling RARE up with mediocre pieces but with extraordinary pieces.  

I feel that Tina Chow was a perfectionist because there is perfection in each piece she designed.  Her jewelry, a stunning combination of high fashion and natural elements, has a devoted and obsessive fan base.  Her instinct for perfection was the same with her collection of fashion.  She had the best: Mariano Fortuny, Alix, Elsa Schiaparelli, Cristobal Balenciaga.  She called her collection a "mad passion".  She also said that "dedication and the pursuit of craft with integrity are the only values of life and cloth".  
 
Heart and soul.  A Tina Chow asymmetric rock crystal heart hung from a double silk cord handwoven in Japan.  Perfection.



Tina Chow asymmetric rock crystal heart.


PURCHASE

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails