Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Alber Elbaz and Geoffrey Beene

...working also for all these years with Geoffrey Beene and working with Yves Saint Laurent, I had two of the best designers of the twentieth century that were my teachers, my mentors. And what I learned from both of them is that it’s not just about being cool, it’s about coming to work day after day. You come in the morning and you stay late at night and you come weekends and you work. You just come to work. It’s a job. It’s a major job to help men and women look beautiful. - Alber Elbaz

Geoffrey Beene hired Alber Elbaz as an assistant designer and he worked for him for seven years.  I was told by the owner of this dress that it was a collaboration between Mr. Beene and Alber Elbaz.  There are layers of silver lace and tulle sleeves.  The back is light and open.  



Silver lace Geoffrey Beene

PURCHASE


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails