Saturday, November 26, 2011

New York Has Gone Gaga!

New York has gone gaga for Lady Gaga.  Barneys - okay, let me criticize and compliment here - I really dislike the recently remodeled main floor at Barneys.  It feels cold and anonymous and like you are shopping at an airport duty free.  I miss all of those beautiful antique display cases they had and while I agree a lot needed to change at Barneys I wish they had done a better job on the main floor.  But what I think they did an amazing job with was the collaboration with Lady Gaga for their holiday shop on the 5th floor of the mens store.  The web site is super fun with limited edition products (I bought one of the Gaga stiletto stockings and rock candy necklaces for my daughter) and even if you can not make it into Barneys to visit Gaga's wonderland you can still shop the collection.  25% of the proceeds from Gaga's Workshop go to her Born This Way Foundation.  So shop, be Gaga and do good!  

Lady Gaga's Thanksgiving Special proves what Elton John said about her last year's Rainforest Benefit: she can do it all: write, sing and play music.  She also produced and directed the Thanksgiving Special. She wore a 1980s Givenchy couture gown from RARE vintage with long gloves and made it her own by wearing it with a Gaga appropriate hat singing "This chick is a tramp".

In the special Lady Gaga wore Valentino Couture while making a turkey.   And did I mention the gorgeous Valentino couture coat was from RARE vintage?!

Photos courtesy of the site for all things Gaga and fashionable, Gaga Fashionland

Please note the Givenchy gown and the Valentino couture coat are no longer available.

And The Chick is a Tramp from the special.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails