Friday, February 10, 2012

5 Years 5 Gifts Vintage Contest Winner

And our final winning entry for the 5 Years 5 Gifts Contest is about the Dutchess of Wisconsin.  It is about mixing vintage and modern.  High and low.  It is about vintage shopping here in the United States and in Paris.  Sounds wonderful doesn't it?!

Thank you so much to everyone who shared a story!  I wish we could have given a gift to everyone!
love,
Juliana

From K:

I am sharing images of a photoshoot I did for fun for young photographers who needed to practice at an event last summer. I chose to wear vintage for the photoshoot because I knew no one else would wear it. I found this blue and white maxi dress from the 1970s at a vintage/secondhand store in Milwaukee, WI called Rethreads which resells vintage and gently used items in nearly perfect condition. 

The tag on the dress reads "Dutchess Loungewear" with a pink and white tag. It came with a little blue and white sweater which I gave to my sister and I kept the dress (and always plan too). I have already worn this dress to weddings- its not too much white, right? :)


I have been vintage collecting for the past five years of my life. I am a 22 year old European history and elementary education double major at Concordia University Wisconsin. Last January, I went to Paris with an art and architecture class and was able to travel wot Freep Star in Paris where it was floor to ceiling vintage. I was in heaven! Part of my collection includes fur from my Grammy, her school wool jacket with her name inside, a vintage YSL peasant skirt Rive Gauche and another blue maxi dress as well as other thrift finds. I love fashion and mixing modern trends with vintage. You will see in my photos I wore my Bruno Frisoni wedges from Paris with my vintage blue and white dress and a necklace from Target.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails