Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Monsieur Givenchy and Miss Hepburn

Daisy and Elsa.  Mona and Cristobal.  C.Z. and Main.  Nan and Yves.  Famous client/designer couples.  The designer met their match in those women who made their clothes look even better.  Did I forget any famous designer/client couples?  Millicent and Charles?

And then there was Hubert de Givenchy and Audrey Hepburn.  Sabrina, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Charade, Love in the Afternoon, Funny Face, Paris When It Sizzles, How To Steal A Million, and Love Among Thieves.  All the films Givenchy dressed Audrey Hepburn for.

Givenchy and Audrey Hepburn at a fitting.

I adore Monsieur Givenchy.  I especially adore the early pieces so I was thrilled to find this fitted black velvet coat from the 1960s with high armholes, narrow sleeves and beaded buttons.



Can't you just see Audrey Hepburn in it?  Perhaps with this hat?


I love the beaded dome shaped buttons.

1960s Givenchy Couture fitted black velvet jacket.  Size 4.


PURCHASE

2 comments:

  1. I think you are right. Catherine and Yves. Probably even a better choice then Nan and Yves. I don't know how I forgot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that jacket is gorgeous-and yes perfect for Audrey. Adore.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails