Wednesday, May 16, 2012

If I Was the Postmaster General...

In England they are celebrating English fashion design with a new stamp collection.  There are ten: Alexander McQueen, Jean Muir, Vivienne Westwood, Ossie Clark, Granny Takes a Trip, Hardie Amies, Norman Hartmell, Paul Smith, Tommy Nutter and Zandra Rhodes.  Stamps?!  You might be thinking?  BORING!  But actually they are super cool and super chic.  Stunningly shot by the photographer Solve Sundsbo.


I was thinking if I was the Postmaster General which American designers would I choose for a stamp collection?  Halston, Claire McCardell, Mainbocher, Adrian, Geoffrey Beene... hard to choose.  Marc Jacobs?  Norma Kamali?  Who would you choose? 

This is actually one of my favorites of the English designers.  I am all about the turban and the slinky/floaty dress in a rust color right now.

A few other favs:

 
Available online at: www.royalmail.com/stamps

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails