Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Met Gala

There were so many beautiful women and great dresses at Monday night's Met Gala but my favorite was Lauren Santo Domingo in Oscar de la Renta.  Her white evening suit with black bows with its exaggerated leg of mutton sleeves was so completely different from the usual that I think this night really set her on the path of becoming a style icon.  I did not see a lot of vintage other then my dress and Coco Rocha who wore a Givenchy buttercup yellow pant suit embroidered with sparkly bits here and there that had belonged to the great Elizabeth Taylor.  And I loved Anna Wintour's lobster embroidered gown too!

Here are some of my husbands photos from the night.  Enjoy!








All photos by Andrea Cairone for RARE vintage

2 comments:

  1. I loved this too- as I perused the fashions flooding the internet yesterday. I am adding my favs to my tumblr site. It seemed the right time to truly celebrate Schiaparelli in some way-that Oscar de la Renta did it! pgt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails