Monday, December 31, 2012

Party Like Its 1965

Tonight I have a date with Marcello

Photo by John Phillips and available here

He smokes but so what?!  It's Marcello Mastroiani people!

I am doing my make up


Dressed in my slip


My chic little black dress by Gigliola Curiel is waiting undone on a chair


This is the look I give Marcello when he comes in unannounced into my bedroom


"Ma Marcello, tesoro, aspetta..." I say.  "Il mio vestito..."

Afterwards


As you can see, I have a very active imagination : )  but that is the fun and the fantasy of fashion.  By simply donning a little black dress by the Milanese designer, Gigliola Curiel from circa 1965, you can be transported to a time where Marcello M could have been your date and you could have looked like Sophia Loren.  Dream a little dream...


Circa 1965 Gigliola Curiel little black dress beautifully made with a corseted bodice, weighted hem and hand finished details.  In the mid 1960s Gigliola Curiel entered into an exclusive agreement with Bergdorf Goodman bring her brand of Milanese Alta Moda to New York.  Size 4.





For more information or to purchase please email info@rarevintage.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails