Friday, December 28, 2012

Quote of the Day #7

"My mother was pregnant with one of my brothers and she tried to get the saleswoman to give a substantial discount because of her bulky figure , which would prevent her from using this dress later on.  As they flatly refused, my Mother, as bold as brass, saw Balenciaga walking along the corridor, blocked his way and asked him to knock down the price of a dress as she was expecting.  Balenciaga looked at her over his glasses and said, 'Why should I have to give you a discount on a dress because you are expecting?  I'm not the one to blame.'  My mother found this remark really funny, and from then on they were close friends until Cristobal died."
Sonsoles Diez de Riviera on her mother the Marquesa de Llanzol

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails