Sunday, December 29, 2013

Tina Chow by Antonio Lopez

Antonio Lopez, the Puerto Rican born, wonderchild of 1960s, 70s and 80s fashion illustration and joie de vivre, discovered Tina Lutz, an aspiring model, and introduced Tina to her future husband, restaurateur, Michael Chow in 1971.

I have never been a huge fan of fashion illustration, I find it frustrating not to see the actual piece but when I acquired a collection of Joe Eula drawings for Halston (seen here) for RARE vintage, those images: a swish of color, a smudge of red for lip, changed my opinion on fashion illustration.  I still prefer a photograph to a drawing but I realize now that a drawing can capture its own mood and moment in fashion.

I love Antonio Lopez's fashion drawings - particularly the 1960s and 1970s - but I actually prefer his Polaroids.  They are sexy, intimate, playful and spontaneous.

Here is Tina Chow as captured by Antonio Lopez in Polaroid...

Tina in her gauzy Fortuny Delphos Dress:

Tina Chow by Antonio Lopez

Tina with Michael Chow.  I LOVE her dress!  Does anyone recognize the designer of the dress?  Chanel?  Maybe Chloe?



All images from Antonio Lopez: Fashion, Art, Sex & Disco by Roger and Mauricio Padilha

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails