Sunday, January 19, 2014

Austine Hearst and Charles James #1

Leading up to Charles James: Beyond Fashion at the Metroploitan Museum of Art, I will be posting quotes about and from Charles James.  I thought it would be appropriate to start with one of his favorite clients, Austine Hearst...

"I will always remember the magic of wearing one of Charles James' ravishing, romantic ball gowns.  I remember being transformed by him like Cinderella into a radiant princess.  

Everyone turns when I sweep into the room, the gentleman in admiration, the women in envy.

I'm the sensation of the evening, a triumphant opera star, showered with bouquets and a standing ovation, a prima ballerina bringing down the house.

I'm a star!"

Austine Hearst on wearing Charles James


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails