Sunday, June 1, 2014

Marilyn Monroe's Birthday

Today would have been Marilyn Monroe's 88th birthday.  I had a serious MM obsession when I was young.  I found her fascinating, driven, beautiful and talented.  I also had a style crush on her and when her estate came up for auction at Christies in 1999, I was impressed by her solid colored Pucci silks and her JAX wardrobe.  I became really obsessed with JAX and looked everywhere for vintage JAX pieces but had absolutely no luck.  

One of my favorite Marilyn Monroe movies is The Misfits.  It is filmed beautifully and sometimes hard to watch because the emotions are so raw but everyone is amazing: Clark Gable, Montgomery Cliff, Eli Wallach and Thelma Ritter (and Millicent Rogers in a small cameo).  But it is Marilyn going to court in her black dress with her white blonde hair and the little dotted black tulle headpiece that stood out to me...


Unfortunately, she was surrounded, or surrounded herself, with people who took advantage of an insecure and fragile woman.


Beautiful Marilyn...





love, kisses and let's all toast MM with a glass of champagne and a hot dog (hope you know which movie is that from!), Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails