Sunday, February 22, 2015

Schouler?... Schouler?... Schouler?...

Proenza Schouler's Day Off ended up at the former home of the Whitney Museum with a parade of really interesting clothes, the kind that get you get excited about shopping and I just wanted to say 'Danke Schoen' because American fashion is too often a slightly watered down version of what started in Paris last season with no strong independent look - at the moment anyway.

I have been a long time fan of Proenza Schouler's light, slightly sheer tees in a multitude of tye-dye colors, short sleeves, long sleeves, I have stripes, squiggles... and just a note here: the care label on the tees read 'Dry Clean' so I think to myself, well, they are cotton, I am going to wash them at home... a long sad story cut short, my 12 year old daughter has a lovely collection of my now too small Proenza Schouler t-shirts.  I just picked up my latest group from the dry cleaners : )

The whole collection was brilliantly styled with wide, gaping fishnets and the clothes were slashed and draped around the body.  There were grommets, fur, sequins and it was all wonderfully wearable because yes, life should have grommets, fur and sequins for some fun.

A few of my favorite looks:























Proenza Schouler Fall 2015.  Photos from style.com

xo, Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails