Wednesday, February 24, 2010

La Vie Antoinette

Is it really possible for a woman to fall obsessively in love with a pair of shoes?  Hello! of course!!  What a silly question!  I will be completely honest here.  I have a confession to make.  It can be very difficult owning a vintage store and loving vintage clothing to not be tempted to keep everything myself.  I want everything that I buy for RARE and it can be very sad to see things go but if I kept everything, I would just have a store full of ugly frocks and my husband would not be very happy bacause he would get pushed out of yet another closet.  

But I will say, ladies, if these Roger Vivier booties fit, they would be comfortably ensconced in my closet this very moment.  BUT this is not my Cinderella moment.  Excuse me while I go cry into my pillow.

Okay, someday my Roger Vivier bootie will come.

These booties, otherwise known as little works of art, are by THE Roger Vivier from the early 1990s.  They are the most extraordinary pair of boots that I have ever seen.  They are beautiful, sexy, glamorous, elegant and naughty all at the same time.  They are beautifully made.  They are extraordinary.  There are tiny beautiful jeweled buttons.  They are something like I would imagine Marie Antoinette to have worn.  They are waiting for a lucky size 39. 





Early 1990s Roger Vivier booties.  Size 39. $950.

PURCHASE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails