Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Prime of Cristobal Balenciaga

New York.  19th of November 2010.  Queen Sofia Institute.  'Spanish Master'.  Curated by Hamish Bowles.

San Francisco.  26th of March 2011.  Balenciaga and Spain.  de Young Museum.  

Getaria, Spain.  6th of June 2011.   The  opening of the Cristobal Balenciaga Museoa.

The prime of Cristobal Balenciaga.  Or is this really the enduring legacy of Balenciaga?  Forever desirable?  And just as coveted?  Will we take to our beds and grieve like the Contessa Mona von Bismarck when we discover that none of the extraordinary pieces on display are available for order? (well, yes, maybe...  I do tend to be very dramatic when it comes to clothing:  I am in LOVE, I am OBSESSED, I HAVE to HAVE it, it WILL be mine... you know, that sort of thing:)  And no, Balenciaga.  Edition  is not the same.  Ain't nothing like the real thing babies.

A bubblegum pink cropped Balenciaga jacket from the Summer of 1961.  I don't need to tell our RARE vintage blog readers how to wear it because, I know, you know, how.  Exactly.




Summer 1961 Balenciaga bubblegum pink jacket.
PURCHASE

4 comments:

  1. So lucky you get to photograph this! Here in Spain they don´t allow you to photograph the old collection of Balenciaga in almost all museums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so lucky to have such a beautiful piece in my store!

    I hope they will have the collection available on line at the Balencaiga museum at some point in the future. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this jacket. Congratulations to RareVintage. I am couturier and live in Barcelona. Here we have a special section in the textile museum Balenciaga (Laboratory Balenciaga). Well, I have some photos. Hope you like.

    Best from Spain..!!

    http://pacoperaltarovira.blogspot.com/search/label/Balenciaga

    http://pacoperaltarovira.blogspot.com/2008/12/museo-textil-de-barcelona.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this jacket. Congratulations to RareVintage. I am couturier and live in Barcelona. Here we have a special section in the textile museum Balenciaga (Laboratory Balenciaga). Well, I have some photos. Hope you like

    Label: Exposición and Balenciaga

    Best from Spain,

    Paco

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails