Thursday, May 31, 2012

My Love Affair with Vivienne Westwood

Didn't you know?  I have had a not so secret love affair with Vivienne Westwood.  I am trying to remember when it all began.  I think it all began with a bit of SEX*.  It was casual SEX with a rock star.  I can't even remember if it was Adam Ant or one of the Sex Pistols.

Adam Ant in Vivienne Westwood.

Or maybe it was when Vivienne was awarded with an OBE by Her Royal Majesty the Queen of England and the newly named Dame Viv did a twirl and showed her little girl to the whole world that I felt a pulse of excitement.  (This is the G rated version of the knickerless twirl).


Or maybe it was when I saw one of her enormous ball gowns in 2006 at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in the Costume Institute's exhibit, Anglomania, that I swooned with lust:



Or then again maybe it was Kate Moss and some swashbuckling pirate action that got me all excited and determined to get a little pirate booty for myself.  

Kate Moss in her Vivienne Westwood Pirate boots
Oh, and I almost forgot, for RARE vintage.  So, you see, my love affair with Vivienne Westwood was not just some one night stand but an epic romance.

Here are some amazing pieces of Vivienne Westwood that we have in store for you right now at RARE vintage:

1990 Vivienne Westwood 'Portrait' black patent leather shoes:



Early 1990s Vivienne Westwood chiffon Pirate blouse:




1990s Vivienne Westwood pale striped corset and sea foam green silk draped ball gown skirt:




Worlds End Vivienne Westwood top:



*and by the way, SEX was the name of the shop run by Macolm McLaren and Vivienne Westwood on Kings Road in 1974.  And just what kind of SEX were you thinking of??


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails