Friday, June 29, 2012

Dream a Little Dream: YSL

I have dreamed of this YSL coat since I first saw the photo of Jackie Kennedy wearing it in Ron Galella's book, Jacqueline.  (Which, by the way, is a must have for your library - I know, he was a bit of a stalker but the photos are fantastic - and I have a feeling that Jackie Kennedy probably eventually appreciated this visual diary.  I saw that it is still available on Amazon and you can order it here).

The dream:


So, years ago I dreamed a little dream that I would one day find this jacket.  And much to my extreme delight on this trip that dream became a reality.  It is not the coat but instead a small fitted jacket - with the same amazing Cassandre designed YSL logo in thick, gold metal embroidery.  And I am just as happy as if I had found the coat.  I am sure my eyes were as big as saucers when I was shown the jacket!



Now, don't get too excited because, alas, I am being the evil vintage store owner and I am keeping this piece for my personal collection : )  or is it : ( 

But I still dream another little dream that I will find the coat... and maybe, just maybe, it will find its way into RARE vintage... or my closet!  I am not making any promises...


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails