Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Style

Girls have it easy for summer.  We don't have to worry about piling on the layers when it is hot ( I always feel sorry for men when it is 90 degrees and humid to have to suffer silently and sweatily in a jacket, shirt and tie.)  But you and I, we get to pull a great dress out of our closet, put on a flat gold sandal (a good pedicure is a must of course) and maybe even a pair of shorts and volia!  We are ready to go to work, go for a lunch and later meet friends for cocktails.  And we do it all looking and feeling cool - and fellas, I hear it is going to be a long, hot summer...

Here are some photos of girls with great summer style.  Solange Knowles looks so chic right?  The gold Miu Miu sunnies, the vintage-y looking shorts, a red bag and a red bicycle (do you think a coincidence?)


I would live in this dress, sleep in this dress...

The Sartorialist 
Garance Dore
Garance Dore
Tumblr
So as I am purchasing pieces for RARE vintage, I am thinking about that easy summer style that I love.  Here is an oatmeal colored cotton and grosgrain ribbon ensemble from Krizia.  Gold sandals, some Tom Ford Coral Blame nail polish and you are ready for just about anything!


1970s Kriza ensemble.  Size 4/6
PURCHASE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails