Sunday, March 24, 2013

Your Body is a Wonderland: Azzedine Alaia Fall 2013

Have you seen the Alaia Fall 2013 collection?  It is beautiful - and I absolutely love the new longer length.  I confess, I was getting a little tired of the short flared skirt - but maybe that is just because I don't love the way it looks on me : (

I have always been a fan of a 70s midi length.  It's super sexy, in a less obvious way, and looks great with shoes or boots.  And it's really comfy - you can run, skip, bend down to pick up your bag and you don't have to worry about your knickers showing. 

This dress is cut close to the body through the waist and falls gently away to a fuller skirt.   


Wish we could see the heel on those studded boots but it looks promising.  I am in agreement with Andre Leon Talley and also abhor the "Cult of the Ugly Shoe'.  Alaia has done some outrageously high shoes and boots for the last few years - and that is why whenever I see a vintage pair of Alaia in my size, I snap them up... I have been patiently waiting for Alaia to return to a much more reasonable and better looking heel and this may be the season!

Blood red midi:


Love this one with a bootie:


Waffle weave midi:


This reminds me of vintage Alaia. So chic with the gloves. There are those shoes again... but otherwise totally classic and forever:

Alaia Fall 2013.  All photos from the New York Times
And some exciting news!  One of my favorite curators, Olivier Saillard, will reopen the Musée Galliera - which has been closed for a long renovation - with an Alaia retrospective in September!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails