Friday, October 11, 2013

YSL and The Deep Blue Sea

I had no idea when I held this small striped SAINT LAURENT rive gauche box,


that when I opened it, I would be staring deep down into an undulating sea...


Video taken at the Musée Océanographique by me


Saint Laurent was inspired by the books he read, the people he met, the art he saw.  He lived in a sensory world and that world filtered through 5 avenue Marceau.

I adore this jeweled sea anemone YSL brooch which looks as beautiful as the ones in the video above that my children took this summer at the Oceanographic Museum in Monaco.

It too undulates with its articulated tentacles.  And the blue is the color of the sea...

Circa 1980s Yves Saint Laurent rive gauche sea anemone brooch.  
Available at RARE vintage.  
For more info or to purchase, please email info@rarevintage.com or phone 212.581.7273

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails