Sunday, July 27, 2014

Style Icon: Gloria Guiness

I was looking at my Assouline book, Swans: Legends of the Jet Society, when I came across this small image of Gloria Guinness:


And I was really struck by how chic she looked.  And I wondered why is she so perfect in this photo?  It is a simple white top and a plain white skirt.  I think it is the black accents: the white and black polka dotted head scarf, the sunglasses, the black bag that just gives it that slippery something that is STYLE.

I became Gloria Guinness obsessed and started googling images of her and I found this one - which again highlights her simple, je ne sais quoi, chic:

  
It looks to me like Gloria Guinness is wearing a Halston pajama: a silk bias cut tunic and pants .  And some cah-razy jewelry!

"I've never worn costume jewelry in my life.  It's really very self-defeating.  Why should a man buy a woman real jewelry when she wears false pieces?"
Gloria Guinness

love and kisses, Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails