Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fashion Will You Still Love Me, Will You Still Need Me When I'm 60: The Ellen Barkin Edition

"When people say, "you look great for your age.  I can't believe your 60!"  I'm like what about just, "you look great."
Ellen Barkin

Which is so true.  Why define beauty by age?  I am sure it is meant as a compliment but it is also a quantified beauty.  Sort of a, I know you are 60, but despite being 60, you still look amazing!  And so as I grow older, I don't want to hear, I thought you were so much younger, which I actually hear fairly often, I just want to hear, you look great!  

Ellen Barkin was interviewed for Violet Grey by Carole Radziwill and for the accompanying photos taken at the Carlyle Hotel, she asked that her photographs not be retouched and she even chopped off her hair into a Jean Seberg pixie-cut because she was tired of seeing older actresses hiding their faces behind hair. 

Ellen Barkin gives a lesson.  One being wash your face every night!

You can read the full article here.



love and kisses, Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails