Saturday, December 6, 2014

My Tyrollean Fantasy with Chanel Métiers d'Art in Salzburg

Warm up the Salzburger Nockerl because my little dumplings, I am home:


Home is the 18th century Schloss Leopoldskron, a palace in Salzburg.




And within my palace of rococo, I like a little Coco.


I suppose my Tyrollean fantasy started with Millicent Rogers, the Standard Oil heiress, who had a home in St Anton and wore traditional dirndls with Schiaparelli and Mainbocher pieces.


So, of course, I was very excited when Karl Lagerfeld chose Salzburg as the next destination and inspiration for the Chanel Métiers d'Art collection.  The Métiers d'Art collection highlights the craftsmanship of the ateliers that do the work for the haute couture: feather and flowers from Lemarié, embroidery from Maison Lesage and Atelier Montex, the shoemaker Massaro, the milliner Michel and the glove maker Causse.

But since my fantasy started with dreams of Millicent and, inevitably, eating an apple strudel, this is the look from the Chanel Métiers d'Art collection 2015 that most satisfies my Millicent moment - and what I would eat a strudel in:


and then there is the work from the artisans...

"I think the image of this collection has to be seen up close, almost touched, to understand how it is done and to really appreciate the beauty of this work."
Karl Lagerfeld

The magic of metal and silk thread, fine scissors, feathers and skilled fingers...


After seeing the video, you really do understand that seeing the pieces in a photo you really miss everything that make the collection so divine and incredible.  And, if you are anything like me, will make you want them all!  After seeing the film I think I would choose to invest in these three:

The fluttering butterflies blouse:


the lederhosen inspired beaded and feathered ensemble - with the sheared brightly colored feathers amidst all of the black feathers in the skirt(although, since this is my fantasy : ) I would have the skirt a little longer which I think would look super chic):


and then this dress because if you watch the video the work that went into making the bodice is just wunderbar!


It is a shame not to have detailed photos of any of these pieces but the video says it all.

And then because I love a white lawn dress with a black cinched waist and shoe...



Chanel Métiers d'Art 2015/15.  Photos from Chanel and Style.com

liebe und küsse, Juliana













No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails