Sunday, January 17, 2010

RARE vintage in Good Company

I love finding archival images of pieces that I have bought for RARE - especially when they look super cool, elegant or beautiful. 

I was catching up on some of my favorite blogs this morning (more on favorite blogs coming soon!) when I suddenly saw an image of Anouk Aimee.  Can I just say that again?  Anouk Aimee. Anouk.  I have two fish without names maybe I should call one Anouk?  Maybe I should call the other Cheri after Cheri from the Michelle Pfeiffer movie?  My!  How one's mind does wander!



How beautiful does Anouk Aimee look at the 1967 Golden Globes?!  Love the hair.  It is like refined bed head.  (My daughter who is seven and just cut her long locks - she donated her hair - has the most amazing bed head every morning.   She loves fashion and is going to be doing her own blog.  If I ever have a technical question, I ask the seven year old!)  And what would the so called fashion critics say today about the extravagant  bit at the shoulder of Anouk Aimee's dress?  Would and should Anouk have cared?  I don't think so.  It is impossible to please everyone and it is most important to please yourself.  Being safe can also be BORing!

Anyhoo, looking at stylist Vincent Boucher's blog, Couturealist, this morning lo and behold I saw the Donald Brooks feathered gown that I bought for RARE on Anouk Aimee.  She looks so beautiful and it is a perfect fit.   An incredible dress on an amazing actress!  Let's hope we see something as amazing on tonight's Golden Globes.    




1967 Donald Brooks guinea hen and ostrich feathered gown.  

PRICE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails