Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Halston Huntress: The Dress

I am always on the hunt for THE dress, THE iconic piece that represents the best of a designers work.  I have been very fortunate to have found (and sold- sorry!) some very special Halston pieces recently.  Looking through the Phaidon book on Halston there was one dress in particular that always said to me "Don't you want me baby? Don't you want me now?!" 
  

but I can be very patient (in a very impatient sort of way).  And then one day recently there was THE dress.  

Well, not quite the dress because this one is short and not long like the one in the book but it is still the same dress.
In black jersey with a draped bib front and long ribbons that wrap around the bodice.  Very Goddess.  Very glamorous.  Wouldn't it be beautiful worn just like the above photo - just your hair pulled back, a flower tucked low behind the ear and an armful of gold bangles.

 1978 Halston black jersey dress.  Size 4

PURCHASE

1 comment:

  1. Love that top image, a subtle surprise.

    Cheers!...to finding the right dress.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails