Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tina Chow: I Held a Jewel by Emily Dickinson

Here is the complete poem, I held a jewel, by Emily Dickinson.

I held a jewel in my fingers
And went to sleep
The day was warm, and winds were prosy
I said, "Twill keep"

I woke- and chide my honest fingers,
The Gem was gone
And now, an Amethyst remembrance 
Is all I own
-Emily Dickinson

There is only one piece left in our latest Tina Chow collection and I feel rather like Emily Dickinson in that 'and now, an Amethyst remembrance is all I own'.  Every piece that comes to RARE has its own journey.  They travel, gathering and adding to their own memories which they carry with them to their new home.  Sometimes they go no further then my home.  Yes, I always want to keep everything, as our very good clients will tell you, but usually they go to a new home where they will make someone very happy and that in return makes me very happy.  Tolstoy said, all happy families are alike, every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.   There is no unhappiness with Tina Chow.  Her jewelry brings such happiness to people that there is no room for the unhappy.  Unhappiness is left behind and joy and love go forward.  So even though I am always a little sad to see pieces from our collection leave, I am very happy for the new life, the new possibilites they will encounter.  

These pieces are gone but not forgotten, for I never forget anything.

A Tina Chow rutliated quartz 'Meditation' necklace":



A Tina Chow Jade Leaf Pendant:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails