Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"Tears of an Angel" Givenchy Haute Couture

The photos that I would like to show here, I can not because for some reason no one has published detail photos as of yet.  And the ten pieces Ricardo Tisci showed for Givenchy are all about the details.  Here is a recap from Hamish Bowles:

"Crystal drops with a techno reflective treatment (whose scattered pattern over the fragile tulle dress was based on a "map" of the nodules of ostrich skin) subtly transformed in different lights; Tisci likened the effect to "tears of angels".  Excuse me whilst I go weep because it sounds so beautiful I wish I could order the dress right now but I know I can not.

"The ankle straps to accompany this piece were fashioned from the pale wax flowers garlanding nineteenth century devotional pictures that Tisci sourced from antique examples (each pair will be unique."  Excuse me while I go weep some more...

And his beloved fringe fell in a golden waterfall of fine chains, each less than a millimeter wide; even the clutch purses were fringed to the floor."  weeping has officially turned to sobs...



Fun Fact:  What is the difference between American Vogue and French Vogue?  Nipples!

Givenchy Fall 2011 haute couture in American Vogue

Givenchy Fall 2011 haute couture in French Vogue


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails