Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Call of the Wild: Krizia

I am introducing a new feature to our RARE vintage blog and it is in honor of the great Diana Vreeland and the soon to be published book, Diana Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel, by Lisa Immordino Vreeland - who is married to DV's grandson.  Our new feature is called Why don't you wear it with... some will be pieces from my store and some will be pieces from other stores - because as much as I love vintage, I love to mix it with a brand spanking new something or other by Celine, Balenciaga, Junya Watanabe... well, I could on and on...

When it has been 90 degrees and humid almost the entire summer, a girl's thoughts inevitably turn to cozy sweaters, downy coats and leather pants.  After a long, hot summer, it is enough already with light dresses and sandals and it is time for a change of season and a change of wardrobe.  

And I am hearing the call of the wild in my fall wardrobe and I am not the only one.  Here is Style.com's call of the wild:



And here is RARE vintage's call of the wild via Krizia in the 1980s.  These animal motif sweaters were all the rage back in the day and it seems that day has come again.  I have five different animal sweaters and will be posting one a day this week.  

(please note that what looks like a spot is just a reflection - the sweaters are all in pristine condition)
1980s Krizia cashmere and silk Wolf sweater.  Over sized so will fit a variety of sizes.

Why don't you wear it with...

Vince cropped leather leggings

Vince stretch leather leggings $1,250 at Vince.com

an Alaia bootie


1500 Euros at Colette


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails