Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th

Every time I walk into my apartment I am reminded of the twin towers of the World Trade Center by a small brown ink drawing done by a family friend, the Venetian artist Tony Lucarda, that hangs in our entrance.  There is bright sunshine in the drawing much like the morning of September 11th 2001.  There is hope and friendship in the drawing with the skyline of New York and the skyline of Venice and a small plane connecting those two cities.  Now, of course, that little plane in the drawing has a different meaning.  It is a tribute to a beautiful day, friendship and to cities that we love and it is a reminder of how different the world was before September 11th.  And now when I see those towers in the drawing I hear the sound of water cascading into the Memorial where the towers stood and it is the sound of resurgence and hope.  RARE vintage commemorates those we lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails