Saturday, March 24, 2012

YSL Blouses: My Favorites in Green

I typically only buy things I love for RARE vintage and I love and collect YSL blouses.  They look perfect with a pencil skirt, with shorts in the summer (this is a look I really love - it looks polished and sexy at the same time), with pants, with jeans.  It is the blouse that can go with almost everything.  And what is really amazing is that Saint Laurent made these blouses over and over again - in every color, in lots of patterns and prints, and with subtle differences.   Like ever so slightly different shades of blue, or this blouse buttons all the way down  but this one slips over head and only buttons half way down.  

Everyone copies them and there were tons of YSL inspired silk blouses in the Fall 2012 runway shows but there ain’t nothing like the real thing.  
When you have a 100 blouses it is not easy choosing a few favorites but these are a few of my favorites - in green - which is one of THE colors for Spring.

Emerald Green silk leopard print blouse.  Of course, Saint Laurent is renowned for his use of color, particularly rich jewel tones.  The silk on this blouse is particularly scrumptious and I love, love the big pussy cat bow tied at the neck and, of course, the leopard print.  Size 38.  $350



YSL loved a little gender bending and so do I.  Masculine/Feminine.  This khaki silk blouse and a few others we have - instead of the ribbon or scarf  has an actual mens-style tie.  So you have to know how to knot a tie.  Which I confess, I am not very good at.  Now, how chic would this look with a pair of high waisted pants with a little flair and a nice platform show - maybe a summer fedora from Borsalino.  Very Bianca Jagger!  Size 44.  $350


Kelly green silk blouse.  It is the details at the shoulders that I love in this blouse.  This blouse epitomizes effortless chic.  Size 38.  $250


All blouses available at RARE vintage or on 1stdibs.com

PURCHASE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails