Monday, February 11, 2013

NYFW Fall 2013: Ralph Rucci

Last night my daughter and I went to see Ralph Rucci's Fall 2013 fashion show which was a wonderful glimpse into the rarefied world of Mr Rucci.  

He is one of the few designers whose designs do not swing wildly from one style to another every season, but one who works and builds on his craft with each collection.  I saw many women in the audience wearing Rucci and I thought they could easily add a few pieces from the show to their existing wardrobe - which is really how it should be.  Of course, I love vintage so I like to add something new to something old and would never wear head to toe current season.

I thought the collection was very Emma Peel meets Balenciaga.  

This was one of my favorite looks.  The gloves were fantastic and were done by Samantha Nguyen for Ralph Rucci.


This coat with a sort of cocoon shape was very beautiful - particularly from the side and the back.  And so modern with the fitted Manolo Blahnik for Ralph Rucci over the knee boots.


This was my second favorite look.  I would love to see the fabric of the shirt up close.  But the wrap skirt is incredible and so wearable - with boots, a chunky heel...  So great for every day.  Beautifully cut.


Then of course, it is hard to resist a good plume


and my favorite gown


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails