Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Back to Work!

I have had an epic summer and fall.  My husband and I embarked upon a minor renovation of our Long Island house, that turned into a major renovation, RARE vintage has moved into a new, larger space in our building and we are choosing a new school for my twin children for next year.  It has been a challenging time, to say the least, but as I move through it - and see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel, I am feeling very grateful.  Our house in Long Island seems to have heaved a huge sigh of relief, saying this is the house I always knew I could be!  Thank you!  

RARE vintage is still a work in progress, our fixtures have been delayed but are on their way and hello!  isn't it nice we outgrew our beautiful but smaller space?!  We are going on our seventh year of RARE vintage and I truly do believe that we are the only luxury vintage store in Manhattan. We have seen Kate Moss with John Galliano in the pages of December British Vogue wearing John Galliano from RARE vintage, Lady Gaga wore a dress that had belonged to Ava Gardner but found its way to RARE vintage and then found its way to Lady Gaga who wore it while singing a song with Kermit the frog on 'Lady Gaga and the Muppet's Holiday Spectacular' and in September the beautiful bride, Malgosia Bella, was married in an Azzedine Alaia dress from RARE vintage, that Mr. Alaia personally fitted for her.  Malgosia then wore a red Valentino haute couture dress for the party after the ceremony and a flowing lime  silk YSL caftan the day after all from RARE vintage.   So I can tell you fashion dreams really do come true.  

And probably what has been the hardest and has meant the most to me, has been the middle school application process for our children.  I admit to feeling completely overwhelmed, applying two children out at the same time, trying to find the next school where they will be happy and continue to thrive but now I have come to a place where I am feeling good and serene and even enjoying this next phase - it is just such a shock to hear schools speak about college.  My babies, are still just babies to me.  Even though my daughter is already starting to fit into some shoes we have at RARE vintage...

So sometimes I have wondered over these last few months, why can't I be more like the 'Enjoli eight hour perfume for the twenty four hour woman' ad I grew up with??  I kept feeling more like I needed Calgon to 'take me away'.  But here we are, and you know what, I am finding out that I can bring home the bacon and fry it up in the pan!  And a little Calgon moment doesn't hurt : ))

So here is to new beginnings - lots of exciting things are going to be happening at RARE vintage in 2014 and, now, it is time to get back to work! 

Remember these?!


and...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails