Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Dear Alber Elbaz,

Dear sweet Alber Elbaz,

I will meet you in Paris at midnight.  I will be in a Peugot Type 176 car and I will be wearing this:


We will meet up with Zelda and F. Scott Fitzgerald and, of course, have a few drinks before Fitzgerald takes us to meet Hemingway - and we will, of course, have more drinks... and I will wear this:


We will return home, giddy with excitement and disbelief.  Alber, the next evening we will meet again at midnight.  And I will wear this:


and we will meet for a late dinner with Alice B. Toklas and Gertrude Stein.  Gertrude, will ask me about my dress and I will tell her you made it for me and she will immediately insist, you make her a dress but not to mention this to Pierre Balmain.

And when we leave Alice and Gertrude, a horse drawn carriage will be waiting outside their door to take us to Maxim Paris where we will meet with Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Paul Gaugin and Edgar Degas.  They will argue who gets to paint my portrait (well, you know, this is my fantasy after all : ) and I will be wearing this:


And in the morning when we return to work, I will wear this:


and will remember our incredible nights together.  Thank you for the memories Alber!

love, kisses and vintage,  Juliana


*Letter to Alber Elbaz inspired by Woody Allen's film 'Midnight in Paris' and the too lovely for mere words Lanvin Pre-Fall 2014 collection.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails