Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Extreme Elegance: Yves Saint Laurent

I always love to find images of pieces I have acquired for RARE vintage from back in their day - years ago when I went to see the Giorgio Armani show at the Guggenheim, I thought the show lacked (and needed) context because it did not show anything around the clothes, the life like it was then, why women wore and desperately wanted those softly deconstructed pant suits...  

So when I find pieces we have, like a yellow silk Loris Azzaro ball gown in a Vogue from 1977 with the model's sleek blonde hair windswept and with glossy lips or a Givenchy haute couture gown in stark black and white from 1968 in Harpers Bazaar, I find it very exciting because it puts back some of the past into the present life of these pieces.

We have two Yves Saint Laurent rive gauche leopard print cossack-style hats at RARE vintage and I knew they were pretty fab but when I saw this image of the great and talented Loulou de la Falaise in le look totale, I did not realize the extreme elegance of it all.  Seriously, wouldn't you love to be that woman in that outfit for one day?  You know something exciting is going to happen!

Loulou de la Falaise in YSL

YSL rive gauche hat as seen on Loulou de la Falaise available for purchase at RARE vintage

love, kisses and vintage YSL on Loulou de la Falaise and at RARE vintage, Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails