Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Like Moths Among the Whisperings and the Champagne and the Stars

"My house looks well, doesn't it?" he demanded.  "See how the whole front of it catches the light?"  I agreed that it was splendid.

Daisy came out of the house and two rows of brass buttons on her dress gleamed in the sunlight.

"That huge place THERE?" she cried pointing.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it, but I don't see how you live there all alone."

"I keep it always full of interesting people, night and day.  People who do interesting things.  Celebrated people." -The Great Gatsby

Land's End.  Sands Point Long Island.  Thought to be the inspiration for the home of Tom and Daisy Buchanan in F.Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby.  Demolished today.

Photo from Old Long Island

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails