Tuesday, August 14, 2012

G is For G Spot and Gurley: Helen Gurley Brown

When I was what is now called a 'tween' I started reading Cosmopolitan.  And I was fascinated by all kinds of things a tween should not be fascinated with.  But somehow I felt my future as a fascinating and alluring creature, a femme fatale, irresistible to any man, was to found in the pages of Cosmo.

I won't tell you what kind of femme fatale I may have become from reading Cosmo or how the quest to find the legendary G Spot went - I am a married woman now after all - but Helen Gurley Brown made it all seem possible.  A great job, a great dinner and great sex.

Thank you HGB!!  I will miss seeing you on 57th Street.  You will be a Cosmo Girl Forever!


A few favorite Cosmo covers:

Look what a beauty Renee Russo was (and still is):


Christie Brinkley:


Naomi Sims looking beautiful:


Brooke Shields (my tween idol):



Christy Turlington: 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails