Monday, November 26, 2012

Future Collectible: Comme des Carrés by Rei Kawakubo for Hermes

One of my favorite lines in the film Jurassic Park is by Jeff Goldblum (in the role he never quite got over) as the Chaotician Dr Ian Malcolm was: "I'm always on the lookout for the next future ex-Mrs. Malcolm."

And as an amateur Chaotician at RARE vintage (I never know what I am going to find and when I am going to find it - but more then Chaos, I think of is as a truly wonderful Surprise) "I'm always on the lookout for the next future vintage."

According to WWD Rei Kawakubo has teamed up with Hermes for two limited edition collections of the iconic Hemres scarf.  In February the first collection titled "Noir et Blancs" will be sold exclusively at Comme des Garcons stores in Tokyo, New York and Paris.  

"I have always had an immense respect for Hermes tradition and artisanal know how." said Kawakubo. "During this joint project, rather then being gathered by the idea of the scarf as it is worn, I became interested instead in the beautiful "artworks" that the designs on Hermes carrés represent, and I sought to change them by adding elements.  By combining them with abstract images, we have transformed the carré and created a unique object."

Unique - and collectible.  Soon to be RARE vintage.  See you at Comme des Garçons in February!


You can read the full story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails